School to Work Project
Utah School to Work Vision
This project offers students with intellectual or developmental disabilities the opportunity to engage in employment related services and activities during their transition from post high into adult life.
How Does It Work?
What is Customized Employment?
School to Work Webinar Series
Patty Cassidy instructs on elements of Customized Employment and Discovery. She shares ideas for selecting task-based discovery activities by exploring patterns in the job seekers life and experiencing a range of activities both familiar and unfamiliar activities to the individual. Patty teaches how to identify vocational themes based on the information learned from the discovery activities.
Ashlea Lantz and Patty Cassidy give guidance on conduction a home visit as part of the Customized Employment Discovery process. They give instruction on how to start the home visit, where to take what you learn from the visit and how to capture the home visit in the Discovery Staging Record.
Marsha Threlkeld gives tools on how to communicate a clear and guiding idea or vision for your individual school transition program or employment organization’s school-to-work efforts. She talks about how to work jointly with all members of the team to understand Employment First and Community Integration, as well as articulate it to students and families. Marsha also talks about how your Transition Program can decide its own system to keep para educators, teachers, families, administrators and students on board and working towards the same transition focus.
Ashlea Lantz gives a provider focused presentation on how to structure your business to provide customized, supported employment into your company. She discusses how to properly allocate staff time and resources and amalgamate funding to meet costs.
Marsha Threlkeld and Cathy Muarhashi share information on how families can be informed about employment and ready for the expectations of transition from school to work.
Division Employment Strategic Plan
Division Public Meetings
- Utah Employment First Summit – Allan Bergman, ODEP
- The Utah Employment First Summit – Tricia Jones-Parkin, DSPD
Partnership with Griffin-Hammis Associates, Inc:
Social Capital & our New Roles
- 10 Quality Indicators for Choosing a Community Rehabilitation Program
- Bringing Fidelity to the Customized Employment Process
- Customized Employment Tactics: Increasing Employment Opportunities
- The Competitive/Customized Dichotomy
- Customized Employment and Transition: 10 Effective Steps to Vocational Success
- Customized Job Development: Tactics for Tough Times
- Plans for Achieving Self-Support: There’s No Greater Burden than Potential