DSPD provides a wide range of services intended to help people with disabilities participate more fully in their communities and lead self-determined lives. The type of services available depends on which waiver the person qualifies for.
- Intellectual or development disability diagnosis (or related condition) that results in functional impairment in three or more areas of major life activity
- Onset of condition before age 18 for intellectual disability (or before age 22 for other related conditions), but can apply at any age
- Must meet financial eligibility for Medicaid
What are common services available through this waiver?
- Behavior Consultation
- Chore Services
- Companion Services
- Day Supports
- Financial Management Services
- Non-medical Transportation
- Supported Employment
- Supported Living