DSPD provides a wide range of services intended to help people with disabilities participate more fully in their communities and lead self-determined lives. The type of services available depends on which waiver the person qualifies for. These services are primarily funded through Medicaid waivers, which are paid for by the federal government and appropriations by the Utah Legislature.
- Intellectual or development disability diagnosis (or related condition) that results in functional impairment in three or more areas of major life activity
- Onset of condition before age 18 for intellectual disability (or before age 22 for other related conditions), but can apply at any age
- Must meet financial eligibility for Medicaid
What are common services available through this waiver?
- Behavior Consultation
- Chore Services
- Companion Services
- Day Supports
- Financial Management Services
- Non-medical Transportation
- Supported Employment
- Supported Living